This service offering will complement both the Clients internal Development team and the Employers Agent/Cost Consultant, focusing on dynamic leadership in this critical period following land acquisition through to the appointment of the Main Contractor.
The key responsibilities will include influencing/supporting the appointment of the Principle Design team, risk mitigation, route to contract Programme Management and advising on both procurement options for the Main Contractor and engagement throughout the tender process.
A summary of the proposed scope of works is as follows,
· Integrating into the project team and take ownership for strategic day to day delivery of the Pre-Contract stage of the project.
· Leading and delivering a dynamic project management service on behalf of the Client, ensuring that projects comply with internal commercial objectives and quality standards.
· Carrying out mentoring and training sessions for junior members of the team as required.
· Leading the scheme and creating a baseline for project delivery using best practice techniques and providing clear leadership and guidance to the wider team and excellent customer service as required.
· Taking responsibility for monitoring all aspects of team’s performance during the preconstruction stage.
· Commenting on buildability, product selection, risk identification and mitigation to ensure that an efficient and cost effective design is developed in conjunction with the Project team.
· Ensuring the preparation of Employer’s requirements, tender documentation and management of procurement process through to contract award are completed within the programme timetable.
· Managing internal stakeholder expectations effectively.
· Using appropriate method and style of communication depending on the situation and individuals involved.
· Managing a team effectively, setting goals and expectations.
· Addressing performance issues quickly and effectively.